From Transformers: Lost and Found
|Played by: [[User:|]]|
Pipes is strangely prone to getting in trouble, but he's so likeable that he's forgiven his eccentricities, like obsessively collecting Earth stuff.
Friendly and outgoing. He has an optimistic view of life, so even though he suffers through hardships like any other bot, he's usually among the first to recover back to a cheery disposition. Bots generally like him a lot.
He spends a lot of his time attending to his collection of Earth gizmos, a sizable amount of which take up a sizable portion of Cargo Bay 15. He tries to come off as a sophisticate about it, but if you get him talking, he will positively gush with enthusiasm. He has an eye for appraising artifacts (or at least he thinks he does) and enjoys wheeling and dealing for a good price. Once in a while, though, he'll be sad that no one appreciates his habits.
Being an experienced soldier, he retains a sense of duty and loyalty, and deference to and faith in leadership (whether they deserve it or not). While he's not the biggest or strongest around, he usually doesn't hesitate to get involved in a conflict. He knows that in some situations he would get creamed - he understands that he has limitations - but reliably misjudges which situations those are.
Historically, Pipes has been injured an inordinate number of times, so he's philosophical about it. His track record usually does not lead him to overconfidence or bravado in battle, however; he remains sensible. He may be lucky, but that doesn't occur to him.
Pipes doesn't go in for complex thinking; he's not dumb, but he doesn't see the value in mental gymnastics and has decided they aren't for him. He prefers simplicity and directness. As a result, he often doesn’t get jokes. He loves puns, though.
Perhaps due to his preference for straightforward situations, he has struggled with the new normal of working alongside Decepticons, as part of a general feeling of being lost without the military structure of an ongoing war effort. Despite this, he still befriends those formerly on the other side, especially if they enjoy his collection (or have their own) or if they see action together.
Can emit corrosive gases from his pipes. Sometimes without warning. The gases damage pretty much everything around him except himself, unless his paint job needs touch-up.
Tougher than average: can break through barriers and enemies with a combination of ramming and the aforementioned gases.
Wields a pair of energon pistols in root mode, custom creations of Brainstorm, which he's named Jake and Elwood. They support a variety of projectiles, including acid shots, and they are hardened for holding by the barrels as clubs. Even without his sidearms, he's adept at physically mixing it up, despite the higher risk of injury to him and his paint job.
A stalwart and remarkably tough front-line soldier, Pipes has seen his share of action, although never making as big a splash as many of the other bots among which he finds himself. His most remarkable wartime trait was his ability to get injured; he spent almost as much time on recovery slabs as he did in battle. Every time he returned, though, he was none the worse for wear.
As other bots brought back artifacts from their tours on Earth, Pipes fell in love with the primitive technological trinkets humans came up with, and started amassing a collection. He’s brought many - many - of his favorites with him on the Lost Light, although no one but Rung, Skywarp, Gearshift, Starstruck, and himself seems to care much.
Despite his long service during the war, he never left the vicinity of Cybertron. So, with the war over, he has joined the Lost Light crew to seek adventure and get "up close and personal" with the rest of the universe. Whether that was a wise move for him is yet to be determined.
- For interpreting (somewhat incorrectly, but still) Blast Off's attempts at nonverbal communication.
- (With Tailgate) For general awesomeness, but actually for courage in stomping on Overlord and affixing a tracking device needed for targeting him with the ship's guns.
- For solid defense, including gas attacks, while fighting in the arena on Scira.
- For helping to save Tailgate by becoming even smoler.
- For winning the meteor surfing competition with Riptide (to be accurate, for losing by falling off his meteor but being caught by Riptide and assisting him for the win).
- 2018-02-03 Rotten in the Heart of Pipes (Pipes, Starstruck)
- 2018-02-03 Plane versus Truck (Fireflight, Pipes)
- So What's our Angle? (Fortress Maximus, Swoop, Sterling, Air Raid, Pipes, Fireflight, Lockjaw, Tailgate, Vortex, Jazz, Trailbreaker, Starstruck)
- 2018-01-20 Total Eclipse of the Spark (Lieutenant, Pipes, Torque, Fencer)
- 2018-01-11 Hesitation (Pipes, Windblade)
- 12-15-2017 A Universal Constant (Quicksight, Countershock, Sterling, Pipes, Sideswipe, Zombies, New Buddy)
- 2017-12-09 Santa Who? (Mir, Blast Off, Strika, Bone-Spur, Pipes, Windrose, Slugfest, Sequin, Null, Starstruck)
- 2017-11-26 Minibot Tower (Pipes, Mir)
- 2017-10-07 A Respite at Dusk (Windblade, Folly, Pipes)
- 2017-09-24 Bugs Be Gone (Slugfest, Rodimus, Pipes, Blast Off, !Bombshell, !Sunstreaker, !Bob, !Waspinator)
- ... further results
|Topsy Turvy||12 July 2017||The !Lost Lighters hit the Lost Light with a bomb snuck past their defenses in the frame of a mangled pair of cassettes: !Frumble. Without any particular design or reason, a number of the crews were apparently swapped into different bodies.|
|Rebirth of Unicron||4 May 2017||The Lost Light follows the Shivan monolith all the way to earth, meeting up Elita One's ship along the way. As more monoliths arrive, the crew uses this chance to visit Earth once more despite the Earth Defense Command telling them not to. They decide to be discreet. Eventually, nine monoliths arrive and everyone aboard the LL watches them in bated breath as they open and unfold and become... the Unmaker, Unicron!|
|Denied||26 August 2016||All our space credit and debit cards are being denied! Time for the crew of the Lost Light to come together and bum some gas money.|
|Colony: Velocitron||30 May 2016||On Velocitron, speed is what matters. Their mobile cities, the Velocites, traverse the surface to stay ahead of the searing heat of dawn. In the capital, Delta, the upcoming Inevitable 250 race is about to determine the new leader. The slow workers banished to the polar city of Mu are seething with rebellion. The older city of Transit, mysteriously slowing down, may require evacuation before it burns up.|
|Losing Inhibition||25 November 2016||The personality ticks are back! No queen this time, they've just gotten loose on the ship. Hopefully the ship doesn't descend into chaos before these things are contained once more.|
|... further results|
Pipes' usual beverage is an Old Forged. Its recipe is as follows:
- steel-tank aged engex
- 2 dashes naphthalene
- 1 (small) cube of concentrated energon
- a few dashes of methanol
For a change-up he'll have a simple E & E:
- 1 part engex
- 2 parts ethanol
To impress others he might select a Celestial Spire:
- fossil-fuel derived engex
- benzene enerwine
- dash of naphthalene