Area Head: Ignition
Deputies: Hound, Soundwave, Minimus Ambus, Drift
- Responsible for the bridge and all daily operations therein.
- Designated ultimate authorities on the ship.
- Whatever cannot be delegated to someone else.
Area Head: Fortress Maximus
Deputies: Tailgate, Breakdown, Cyclonus
- Providing the best tactical operations in situations where there may be a hostile presence. a.k.a. break things/people (delete as appropriate)
- Assist other departmental staff by training specialized fighting techniques to allow the crew to more appropriately defend themselves.
- Potential secondment as additional personnel to security on a situational basis.
- Diverse reserve role. Other departments may require additional support (e.g. Medical needing orderlies, Engineering lacking construction staff etc.)
- Demonstrating to all the finest traditions of the Lost Light.
- Day to day operation of the brig and management of any detained within.
- Active patrol on board the ship to maintain presence and allow faster response to active incidents.
- When physical confrontations occur bringing them to a swift conclusion. Most likely with greater amounts of physical intervention or threat of rivet duty
- Running of active investigations including gathering evidence and detaining suspects.
- Serve the public trust, protect the innocent, uphold the law.
Area Head: Windblade
Deputies: Blast Off, Blaster
- Scouting & Charting
- Intel relay
- Liaise with various councils
- Public relations
- Non-violent interventions
- First (or follow-up) contact
Area Head: Ratchet and Knock Out
- Chief Medical Officer has power to make decisions over whether any crew member, including command, need to be removed from active duty for health reasons.
- Research to combat existing conditions more effectively and develop new treatments for emerging maladies.
- Actively encouraging a healthy lifestyle to avoid physical complications from life aboard ship.
- Forensic examination of Cybertronian and alien specimens. Even the dead ones.
- Internal, external, and cosmetic repairs.
- Bedside manner optional.
Area Head: Perceptor
Deputies: Wheeljack, Penchant, Static, Hunker
- Maintenance and optimization of ships engines.
- Creation of new technology for crew members. Maintenance of same.
- Reverse engineering of off world technology.
- Development and advancement in the respected field. Yes, that means explosions.
- Keeping the ships infrastructure and superstructure up to operational specification. Or, make sure if it's broke... fix it.
- Inventory management and distribution of same.
- Courier operations for interdepartmental documents and miscellaneous item redistribution.
- Ensuring inventory is kept in full supply including procurement from off world sources.
- When on course past oceanic planets ensuring that things move from A to B without dropping to the bottom of the C.
- Plan ahead: Substitute a chemical of lower toxicity and reduce quantities, when possible. Understand when a proper containment room would be more suitable to testing or development.
- Minimize exposure to hazards: All volatile, hazardous compounds shall be handled in an approved containment facility. Use of blast shields and reinforced testing facilities for potentially dangerous experiments.
- Do not underestimate risks: Treat substances of unknown toxicity as toxic substances and mixtures as more toxic than the most toxic component. Take extra precautions to minimize damages when unsure of an outcome.
- Be prepared for accidents: Keep co-workers informed of hazardous activities and know what to do in the event of a hazardous material release or explosion.